Monday, December 12, 2005

Our whipping boy is back...

Raila is back in town...has again dared the President to hang up his boots...and suddenly - I hope I'll be proved wrong - bare-knuckled spin-doctors and McCarthyist politicians are "whispering" that national cohesion and development is suffering coz he's around, the new cabinet notwithstanding; propaganda and deceit is in vogue to incite the populace against the government by law established. My suggestion: This one time, if indeed this one man is our problem, afikishwe mahakamani. That's a legal drama I would pay anything to watch. Mgala muue na haki umpe. Anyone out there remember Shaaban Bin Roberts' KUSADIKIKA?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha! Jesse, yes, I did KUSADIKIKA. I'm impressed you still remember them misemos!!

12/12/2005 11:52:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad there's some good company on the OPF forum. Shaaban Bib Roberts said something about Karama (the protagonist) that has stuck with me to this day: Alikuwa na bongo la hekima, moyo wa ushujaa na ulimi wa nasaha. I sometimes feel we've created conditions for "our whipping boy" to become Karama and - interestingly - our President to become the PM in Shaaban's book that wages political war on Karama. Anyways, I hope my musings aren't so far-fetched (they say literature is the mirror of society).

12/12/2005 11:53:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many lifes will this same guy by the name Omolo Raila will continue leading to the grave. In a span of twenty years we have lost so many people who have been fueled and catalyzed by Hon Raila.

12/13/2005 08:38:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shaaban Robert was an enigma and the name said it all. Did you know that 'Shaaban Robert' was only a pseudonym and not his real name?

12/13/2005 10:13:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, sikujua - Thanks for filling me in on that. For all his worth, I'm yet to c a similar thing in the Kenyan context especially in being able to:

1. Challenge of existing political assumptions in our country / society.

2. Developing sound alternatives to our problems.

3. Charaterization of the same in good moral and political paradigms.

I'm not talking about Ngugi wa Thiong'o or Kwani here.

12/13/2005 10:14:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now new boys have been hired with express instructions to contain Agwambo. I can bet with my last Penny, we have not seen the last of Raila Yet.
With the likes of Ndile doing the Donkey work (protecting the throne), you do not need to wait too long. It will surely come...2007......Dec....... too far

12/21/2005 04:14:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home