Sunday, May 14, 2006

"Fans say goodbye to the West Wing"

The last season of my best political drama returned on NTV a few Sundays ago, but it's being aired for the last time in the US in just under 12 hours. I'm a little of both a Rep and a Dem at heart, so I'm not certain I'll join either side in reacting to the show's demise; what I'll do is that I'll be among the number that will miss everything good there has been about the show. I mourned John Spencer as though he was working for me (I was among the fans that rushed to write a tribute to him on the BBC website). And I watched with keen interest, in my free time during the Democract's in-house slugfests in 2003 and part of 2004 when I was still across the pond, as Martin Sheen stumped the vote for the liberals. The plot spoilers I have been getting from the US have not been enough to dampen my interest in the episode that's currently running on NTV. I have been waiting to see someone come up with more or less a similar thriller in Kenya...something that will transcend the somewhat faded Reddykyulass and Intrukalass attempt at political comedy. It is getting painful to laugh at our politics each day the Lord lends me breath. *Photo credit / BBC Online.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched the last episode of West Wing tonight with a sadness that equalled a broken heart. After years of watching my favorite show, enjoying the plots and sub-plots, the one liners and the complete dedication to public service as protrayed by the fine players of the Bartlet administration.......my my my, truely a sunset in my life.

5/15/2006 06:16:00 am  
Blogger Kenyananalyst said...

@Poi - You shd still make time to watch it!
@ x3la - I'm in deep mourning with you, seeing as I do that the Kenyan bit will also be ending sometime. It's a shame such a show has had such so short "a shelf-life."

5/15/2006 10:54:00 am  
Blogger sourav singla said...

The west wing story is fabulous.because the story of show is unique.i never missed the west wing episodes.

10/28/2010 10:04:00 am  
Blogger London Tiger Security said...

Amazing article. Your blog helped me to improve myself in many ways thanks for sharing this kind of wonderful informative blogs in live. I have bookmarked more article from this website. If someone wants to know about Security Services Company this is the right place for you..


London Tigers Security Security Services

12/17/2019 03:37:00 pm  
Blogger Hot Pics said...

Turkish Celebrities Hot Images, Hot Photos, Hot Pics just visit this website given below.

1/06/2020 09:30:00 pm  
Blogger Hosthook Official said...

Are you looking for Cheap and Best Web Hosting Services Provider? Do not worry Hosthook is one the best and famous Web Hosting Services Provider Company in the World. Visit our website now and choose your web hosting according to you budget.

4/01/2021 02:13:00 pm  
Blogger Deal and Delas said...


Lahore Park View City Booking Process
Deal & Deals is a full-scale real estate agency and sales partner of Lahore PVC. When a booking is made through Deal & Deals, it is easy, and you will get exclusive discounts on booking. To book your plot in Lahore Park View City, the following is the process of doing it through Deal & Deals:
park view lahore location
Blue world city Islamabad map
Rudn Enclave payment plan

6/28/2021 02:07:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home